Friday, January 12, 2007

RIP Robert Anton Wilson

We'll miss you, Bob. I only met him once, and briefly, at the Disinformation conference in New York City. He hit on my then-girlfriend, in the cute way only a 70-something man can hit on a woman in her twenties, asking her if she had ever appeared in Playboy.

I can still remember his mischievous smile.

And I found this in his write-up on Wikipedia -- I can't think of a more concise way to sum up my philosophy when it comes to the subjects I write about on this blog:

In a 2003 interview with High Times magazine, RAW described himself as a "Model Agnostic" which he says "consists of never regarding any model or map of the universe with total 100% belief or total 100% denial. Following Korzybski, I put things in probabilities, not absolutes... My only originality lies in applying this zetetic attitude outside the hardest of the hard sciences, physics, to softer sciences and then to non-sciences like politics, ideology, jury verdicts and, of course, conspiracy theory."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home