Monday, February 20, 2006

Hosanna Church Update - Feb. 20, 2006


Several locals have sent me the following information.

First, the trials keep getting pushed back. Now, it appears they won't begin taking place until 2007. They ask -- why so long? And I can't answer, except to suggest that the prosecutors want these crimes to stay out of the public consciousness as long as possible.

Secondly, more than one source has told me that some of the alleged perpetrators -- those out of jail on bail -- have had contact with the witnesses and the alleged victims. If this is true -- and I have no reason to doubt my sources -- this is a travesty. If true, it is evidence of criminal negligence on the part of the local authorities.

There are also many questions about the church property owned by Robbin Lamonica, which is allegedly worth millions. Much of the apparent corruption in the prosecution may be tied into the the extremely valuable real estate. I have no hard evidence, but more than one source has pointed out that the property dealings have been very hush-hush. This is something the local media should be all over, but they're apparently operating in the same fearful environment as many of the families who wish to speak out -- but can't. Fear is a powerful motivator to keep one's mouth shut.

One source is clearly at his or her wits' end:

I BEG YOU FOR THE CHILDREN AND THE ADULTS WHO HAVE BEEN MOLESTED TO CALL MEDIA ATTENTION OUTSIDE OF LOUISIANA TO REGAIN INTEREST AND RAISE QUESTIONS THAT COUNTLESS PEOPLE HERE ARE SO AFRAID. PLEASE, PLEASE HELP!


The victims deserve to be rescued from inept, potentially corrupt prosecution. As a writer, all I can do is keep outside attention focused on the coverup and to help my sources speak without intimidation and fear.

If anyone in the legal community has any ideas, I know of many concerned citizens who would love to have your help. That also goes for any mainstream reporters looking for a story that needs a much wider audience.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I can almost guarantee that this case is going to wash out. Not because of some bi gconspiracy, but because it's buil;t on air and the authorities whowent nuts about it are trying to get distance from their own publicity storm.

2:54 PM  
Blogger Professor Pan said...

Jennifer, if you see this comment, could you email me directly? I'd love to hear your viewpoint.

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure, sometime today I'll try and drop a line if you like. You know who I am (I think), but I'm being low key on here because I don't want flack at my job for appearing to defend evil molesters, if you catch my drift. lol

Mind you, I don't havive inside information oir anything, but I'm familiar with the attitudes of the area, and I've seen this kind of thing happen again and again.

My guess is that there WAS molestation, probably by one individual, and that the parent involved has issues and spun it into something which they may have initially believed but now need to distance themselves from. (ie, the preacher was likkely domineering, and probably was a molester to some degree, and confessed as much, but the 'witness' added many false details.) To complicate the issue, the "me toos" have probably chimed in. To add to that, I think the Pator man is possibly mentally ill and that his "accomplices" are most likely innocent. (which probably explains the contact.)

Keep in mind that this is an area where lurid satanic tales are easily believed, even by law enforcement (in some cases, especially law enforcement). The pr5oblem is, usually once these things get underway, the stories cannot be factually corroborated.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Old Gary said...

From what Jennifer says, this case seems like the McMartin case in California. From what was probably a minor act of inappropriate touching or whatever suddenly turns into something that involves more and more people and more and more outrageous claims. None of which can be proven in court.

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Comments by Jennifer and 'Old Gary' strike me as disingenious.

The vast majority of our lived experience can't be "proven" in a court of law. "Prove" that you had cornflakes for breakfast on the third thursday of last month. You can't, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Common law was written four hundred years ago to police "public crime" - mainly against property. It is ill suited to testing whether or not a person raped a child, and that is very clear if you have ever had anything to do with a child sexual abuse case.

Allegations of Satanic rituals are *not* "easily believed" by law enforcement, and I say this as someone who has found a comatose victim with occult symbols burnt into her body ... and the police still didn't believe that there was a ritual element involved in the crime.

The notion that 'inappropriate touching' spins out into allegations of Satanic ritual abuse is BS. There are consistent patterns to children's disclosures of sexual abuse and this has been documented time and again via clinical and academic research.

Guess what? There is no research that suggests "The janitor touched me" does turns into "the janitor worships Satan" in the mind of a child.

Ritual abuse cases have been prosecuted in every developed nation and there are reports of ritual abuse coming from women trafficked out of Africa, the Middle East and Haiti. It's a reality. Deal with it.

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Jennifer and old Gary about this situation. Why did some officials leave the sheriff's office investigating this case? Why have the children and some suspects claim that they were coerced by the police and others? The law enforcement officials made a larger deal out of this then there was and now they are keeping hush hush so they can keep their careers.

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home